The Department of Classics is able to provide scholarship support to its undergraduate majors and graduate students from a variety of funds and for a variety of purposes. Of these the most substantial for undergraduates are the Jim Greenfield Scholarships, applications to which are solicited each year during the Winter Quarter. In addition to the Greenfield Scholarship Program, students may apply to the Classics Student Travel Endowment for support to participate in the departmental Rome Program or extramural programs, to attend conferences, or to travel to specific place in support of their studies (students applying for travel funding will be considered for the Travel Endowment and/or a Jim Greenfield Travel Bursary). Certain awards, such as the Meg Greenfield Essay Prize, require nomination by a faculty member.
For a full listing of the Department's several endowments and funds, almost all of which go to support our students, please click on the 'Support Classics' link to the right.
In addition, both undergraduates and graduate students are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the various external scholarship opportunities available to them. The Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards maintains a website listing many of them. Graduate students may find the Graduate School's Fellowships, Assistantships, and Awards website useful as well.
- Jim Greenfield Scholarship Programs
- For Undergraduates
- Jim Greenfield Undergraduate Scholarships
- Jim Greenfield Undergraduate Travel Bursaries
- Jim Greenfield Undergraduate Rome Program Travel Support
- Meg Greenfield Essay Prizes
- Jim Greenfield Reimbursement of Graduate School Application Fees
- Office of Minority Affairs Program Support
- For Graduate Students
- Jim Greenfield Graduate Fellowship
- Jim Greenfield Graduate Stipends
- Jim Greenfield Graduate Travel Bursaries
- Jim Greenfield Dissertation Fellowships
- Meg Greenfield Biography
- Jim Greenfield Biography
- Harvey Densmore Scholarships
- Classics Student Travel Endowment
- Ringland Rome Prize