For the Puget Sound society's first-ever celebration of International Archaeology Day, we present the following line-up of lightning talks (10-15 minutes each) by community archaeologists:
1. Stephanie Selover, Assistant Professor of Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations, University of Washington: "Warfare in the Bronze Age Near East"
2. Ulrike Krotscheck, Member of the Faculty, Evergreen State College: "Seafaring in the Ancient Greek World"
3. Ian Randall, Lora Bryning Redford Post-doctoral Fellow, Classics and Ancient Mediterranean Studies, University of Puget Sound: "Dining in Byzantium"
4. Aislinn Melchior, Professor of Classics and Ancient Mediterranean Studies, University of Puget Sound: "Pompeii and Regency Dress"
5. Dale Croes, Director of Pacific Northwest Archaeology Society and Services and Adjunct Professor of Archaeology, Washington State university: "Basketry and Ancient Textiles from the Ozette Archaeological Site"