This page contains information about the novel coronavirus COVID-19, emergency aid, and online learning/teaching resources for faculty and students in the Department of Classics. However, this is not an exhaustive list of resources. The Departments of English and Scandinavian Studies have also developed comprehensive resource pages you can reference for additional resources not mentioned on this page. The University’s webpage also answers frequently asked questions about COVID-19 and university-wide guidance.
Classics Department COVID-19 Prevention Plan
- All members of the UW Classics Department should familiarize themselves with our COVID-19 Prevention Plan
- UW Seattle campus resources for Emergency Aid
Online Learning and Teaching
- Visit the Online Learning page from Academic Support Programs for information on online learning tools, success strategies, and quick tips.
- IT's online guide provides options and tips for improving your remote or home connectivity, whether you're learning or teaching online this quarter.
- The page also provides resources on which internet service providers (ISPs) are offering special support, offers, or updated policies that may help improve your internet connectivity. Comcast, for example, is offering two free months of essential internet access.
- We also recommend IT's guide for working remotely, which details various tech tools you can use to work from home successfully.