This page contains information about resources that have been selected for department faculty and students studying with the Department of Classics. This is not an exhaustive list of resources. The Departments of English and Scandinavian Studies have also developed comprehensive resource pages you can reference for additional resources not mentioned on this page. The University’s webpage also answers frequently asked questions about COVID-19 and university-wide guidance during the Summer 2020 quarter.
- UW Seattle campus resources for Emergency Aid
Advising and Office Hours
- Department of Classics undergraduate advising is now served by the Humanities Academic Services Center. If you are looking to declare a major, need advice about courses, or simply want to learn more about studying Classics, please visit the Humanities Academic Services Center to get started. You may also send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All office hours for Summer Quarter 2020 are virtual or remote. Please check with your instructor for more information.
Online Learning and Teaching
- Visit the Online Learning page from Academic Support Programs for information on online learning tools, success strategies, and quick tips.
- IT's online guide provides options and tips for improving your remote or home connectivity, whether you're learning or teaching online this quarter.
- The page also provides resources on which internet service providers (ISPs) are offering special support, offers, or updated policies that may help improve your internet connectivity. Comcast, for example, is offering two free months of essential internet access.
- We also recommend IT's guide for working remotely, which details various tech tools you can use to work from home successfully.
- Students who are considering studying abroad during Summer 2020 quarters should review the Study Abroad FAQ page.